202 Greenhill Road—our home for all South Australians impacted by cancer.
Bringing together accommodation, research, prevention and support under one roof to deliver a cancer free future.
There are 31 new cases of cancer diagnosed in South Australia every day. With 1.9 million Australians expected to have a personal history of cancer by 2040, the need for ongoing support for individuals and their families is now more important than ever before.
Cancer Council SA’s new building offers that support through creating a home for every South Australian impacted by cancer. Featuring 120 rooms of supported accommodation alongside cancer research, prevention and support services, the new building gives every South Australian every chance to survive a cancer diagnosis, regardless of where they’re from, or where they are in their cancer experience.
Centrally located at 202 Greenhill Road, the building includes:
- Multiple communal kitchen facilities where guests can prepare meals just like at home.
- Onsite evening dining for nights when guests are too tired to cook.
- Dedicated quiet breakout spaces for when guests need a moment of rest or reflection.
- An activity hub where guests can socialise with each other and volunteers are on hand to make a cup of tea or have a friendly conversation.
- Access to onsite Social Workers and counsellors to help navigate the bumps along a cancer journey and lend a supportive ear.
- A dedicated information and resource area to provide answers to questions and reassurance guests are not alone in their experience.
- Culturally appropriate accommodation for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Dedicated family rooms and play spaces to ensure the whole family is supported.
- Onsite free parking and shopping facilities within walking distance.
- Free transport from accommodation to treatment.
As a not for profit, Cancer Council SA relies on the generosity of the South Australian community to fund our vital work. We need support from the South Australian community to fund vital services and supports operating out of our new building, including prevention programs like SunSmart and support services like 13 11 20.